Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Strange listener problem - help needed pls
Strange listener problem - help needed pls [message #52226] Wed, 10 July 2002 02:19 Go to next message
Prabha R
Hi,
I have installed Oracle 8i on Sun Solaris. The installation was successful. We created the database "oradal". When i connect to sqlplus with system/manager id, i'm able to connect and when i give "select name from v$Database", i got the database name to be oradal. I created tablespaces System, User, Temp and RRS. I could see this list when i gave "select name from v$tablespace".

But I have the foll. problem:
1. I have created another id "Recruit". when i do sqlplus Recruit@oradal/Recruit, it throws me the error
"ORA12541; TNS NO LISTENER". But when i try sqlplus Recruit/Recruit, it is getting connected. This looks very strange for me.

2. After connecting with Recruit id, when i import *.dmp files for creating tables and sequences, import got executed successfully. but no tables were created. I donot know how to check where else these tables would have got created.

These problems have totally confused me. Please help in fixing it. Your immediate response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Strange listener problem - help needed pls [message #52227 is a reply to message #52226] Wed, 10 July 2002 02:51 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
first,
recruit/recruit@oradal is the format u NEED to connect to the database.
username/password@hoststring.
second,
there are options in import to import the data only or data and table.
look you oracle version specific documentation for more details.
Previous Topic: Re: functional differences between oracle 8i and oracle 9i
Next Topic: mismatch in redo log files and database is not open
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 14:46:48 CDT 2024